Pasta bolognese is a staple recipe in my kitchen and no wonder it is loved by so many people. In this post I am going to cover how you can make a simple vegan pasta bolognese. Pasta bolognese or spaghetti bolognese as it is sometimes called typically contains minced meat. However, this is a vegan recipe that’s full of flavor and easy to make.
This post is all about easy vegan pasta bolognese
- Spaghetti (16oz/500grams)
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- Cilantro chopped (handful)
- 1 green bell pepper
- 100ml water
- 1 can of tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Cumin powder
- Paprika powder
- Boil water in a separate pot as you will use this to cook your spaghetti. While most spaghetti will work, I prefer to use Barilla spaghetti because of its quality. It is non sticky and tastes amazing with any pasta sauce you pair it with.
- Start by blending together one bell pepper and 100ml of water. I used the Nutribullet blender because it blends everything fast and to a smooth consistency.
- Secondly pour oil into a pan on medium heat. Put the diced onions in the pan and fry it for a couple of minutes. Then add the garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes. Make sure to not burn the garlic.
- Add the tomatoes, cilantro and the blended bell peppers and stir everything together. Let it simmer for 20-25 minutes until the liquid has reduced.
- Add salt, pepper, paprika powder and cumin powder to taste.
- Finally serve the cooked spaghetti on a plate and add the sauce on top.
If you are looking for an easy dinner idea then try this simple vegan pasta bolognese. This recipe is perfect and convenient for busy weekdays. The ingredients listed above serves approximately 4 portions. Give it a try and guaranteed you will love it.
Products Mentioned In This Post: