This spicy prawn pasta must be the next thing you make for dinner. Give it a try and you will definitely love it.
I love making this during a busy week, and it makes a delicious dinner idea for busy parents who are strapped for time and who want to put something together quickly.
- Penne pasta
- Diced onions
- Minced garlic
- Cherry tomatoes or sun-dried tomatoes
- Heavy cream
- Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Paprika powder and red hot chilli powder
- Onion powder and garlic powder
- Boil hot water. You will use this to boil your pasta.
- Grab a bowl and marinate the prawns with salt, pepper, red chilli powder, onion powder, garlic powder and paprika powder. You may add or take away any one of these spices according to your preference.
- Pour olive oil or sunflower oil into your pan and fry the already seasoned prawns. Don’t overcook them. Fry the prawns for 2-3 minutes and then take them out. You will add them later.
- Add the diced onions in the same pan and fry the onions for a few minutes and then add the minced garlic.
- Once the onions and garlic have browned, you can add the cherry tomatoes. If you wish, you may use sun-dried tomatoes instead. You may also add other vegetables such as bell peppers.
- Stir the vegetables for about five minutes on medium heat until they soften before pouring the heavy cream in the pan. Place the lid and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the spinach and stir. Wait until it looks a little creamy before adding the prawns back in the pan. Once you have added the prawns, you may add the parmesan cheese and mix it well.
- At this point you can add the seasoning of your choice. I added salt, pepper and hot chilli powder.
- Finally mix the cooked penne pasta into the creamy sauce and voila, you have yourself a spicy prawn pasta. Serve immediately!